Wordpress.com blog suspended - how to get back online?

Wordpress related queries and solutions go in this forum thread. Ask the problems you are facing related to Wordpress here.
bestofguru

Wordpress.com blog suspended - how to get back online?

Postby bestofguru » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:54 am

One of my blog buddies got her wordpress.com site suspended, and the support team is not responding when contacted for reasons.

She got the data backed up and is it possible to get back to the site again in wordpress.com or better to have other alternatives like Blogger or wordpress.org to make this backup files work as usual with some redirections and all?

What is the procedure for both the methods? And is there any loss of traffic, comments, subscriptions and all?
Attachments
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg (15.37 KiB) Viewed 1132 times

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: Wordpress.com blog suspended - how to get back online?

Postby Atish Ranjan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:21 am

bestofguru wrote:One of my blog buddies got her wordpress.com site suspended, and the support team is not responding when contacted for reasons.

She got the data backed up and is it possible to get back to the site again in wordpress.com or better to have other alternatives like Blogger or wordpress.org to make this backup files work as usual with some redirections and all?

What is the procedure for both the methods? And is there any loss of traffic, comments, subscriptions and all?

I am not using wordpress.com much and never faced such situation. If your friend is serious about blogging, she should start doing it on self hosted because on free platform there is no assurance that your blog will stay there forever. It can get suspended at times if there is any issue.

First you can restore backup on a new wordpress.com blog, that can be done using import feature I think.

Once done, you can migrate that blog to blogger using these steps => http://www.15minutemondays.com/2015/01/26/moving-wordpress-blogger/.

Hope it helps.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

kimseasok

Re: Wordpress.com blog suspended - how to get back online?

Postby kimseasok » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:29 am

bestofguru wrote:One of my blog buddies got her wordpress.com site suspended, and the support team is not responding when contacted for reasons.

This might be impossible since you have limited feature with Wordpress cloud hosting. So, you have to follow the guidelines of the platform. Once, It thinks you missed the guideline, your account will be suspended. Boom! You have a heat attack.

Also, I don't Blogger is good platform. The personal experience of my friend blog, he has worked with Blogger for years and his generated at $1000 a month. In the morning, he opened his and found it was deleted.

My firm believe that you should tell your friend to go with paid hosting.
To connect with other bloggers, visit http://basicblogtalk.com
To learn more about blogging and marketing, http://blogmarktingsea.com

Return to “Wordpress”