How to create professional blog graphics?

Wordpress related queries and solutions go in this forum thread. Ask the problems you are facing related to Wordpress here.
SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

How to create professional blog graphics?

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:10 pm

As we all see the one thing that defines a brand from another is imagery. The looks of the product and same goes for blogging. Most blogs have their unique branding and image styles. Even TechTricksWorld, or PostPlanner or any other blog you take imagery stands out.

If you want to create professional images, you do not have to worry about hiring someone as creating professional images for blogs can be done in a breeze.

There are tools like Canva, or Picmonkey.com which allow you to create professional looking blog graphics and social media graphics too.

You can get free images from there as they have templates of designed text, icons and shapes you can include to create your unique branded images.
One TIP: create a sample template and keep it. Then you can keep editing the contents of it like text etc for each new blog image. This way you can create similar looking images that defines your brand.

If you still want free images from backgrounds, I highly suggest not taking them from Google. Most are copyrighted and the ones that aren't are not so attractive. Better to find images from sites like Unsplash or Pixabay which have 1000s of free photos that can be used on blogs and professionally.

I hope this tips help you.

For your success,
-Swadhin
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: How to create professional blog graphics?

Postby Atish Ranjan » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:00 am

SwadhinAgrawal wrote:As we all see the one thing that defines a brand from another is imagery. The looks of the product and same goes for blogging. Most blogs have their unique branding and image styles. Even TechTricksWorld, or PostPlanner or any other blog you take imagery stands out.

If you want to create professional images, you do not have to worry about hiring someone as creating professional images for blogs can be done in a breeze.

There are tools like Canva, or Picmonkey.com which allow you to create professional looking blog graphics and social media graphics too.

You can get free images from there as they have templates of designed text, icons and shapes you can include to create your unique branded images.
One TIP: create a sample template and keep it. Then you can keep editing the contents of it like text etc for each new blog image. This way you can create similar looking images that defines your brand.

If you still want free images from backgrounds, I highly suggest not taking them from Google. Most are copyrighted and the ones that aren't are not so attractive. Better to find images from sites like Unsplash or Pixabay which have 1000s of free photos that can be used on blogs and professionally.

I hope this tips help you.

For your success,
-Swadhin

Hello Swadhin,

I have been using Canva for designing featured images for techtricksworld, and then I use Photoshop to correctly resize. Both these tools seem to be enough for designing some really cool and professional graphics for blogs.

Thanks for the tip!
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

ajaynasa

Postby ajaynasa » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:33 pm

I am also using canva for about 2 years. But I don't know how to make background stand out. I mean, a user can see which one image is background image and which one is 1 layer up to the background image. Any way to do it?

SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:02 pm

ajaynasa wrote:I am also using canva for about 2 years. But I don't know how to make background stand out. I mean, a user can see which one image is background image and which one is 1 layer up to the background image. Any way to do it?

Hi Ajay,
I did not understand what exactly you want. If you could explain again or send us to an example image maybe I could help. :)
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

Return to “Wordpress”