wordpress help!!!

Wordpress related queries and solutions go in this forum thread. Ask the problems you are facing related to Wordpress here.
Thandava Krishna TK

wordpress help!!!

Postby Thandava Krishna TK » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:35 am

I am completely new to wordpress.Literally i never word with an wordpress blog till now.But for now i am thinking to make a wordpress site for my college which should be included with registers and logins..what i need are:

[*]Member registration and login in home page.
[*]2 more registrations and login modules and this area must be restricted to some 10-15 members only.

I need to do this on my site.Suggest me a good them and plugins which help me to do those..I want to go for free plugins and themes as it was college.

SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Re: wordpress help!!!

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:50 am

Hi Thandava,
Its a great thing that you are finally going to work with WordPress. Creating a membership site is free and easy which is what you want. I have personally not created any so can't comment anything but I think this guide can help you on plugin selection.

As per the technical details I guess @Atish bro can help you.

-Swadhin
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:33 am

Thandava Krishna TK wrote:I am completely new to wordpress.Literally i never word with an wordpress blog till now.But for now i am thinking to make a wordpress site for my college which should be included with registers and logins..what i need are:

[*]Member registration and login in home page.
[*]2 more registrations and login modules and this area must be restricted to some 10-15 members only.

I need to do this on my site.Suggest me a good them and plugins which help me to do those..I want to go for free plugins and themes as it was college.

Great to know that, Krishna.

Hope these plugin may be of some use =>

https://wordpress.org/plugins/profile-builder/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-custom-register-login/
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Thandava Krishna TK

Postby Thandava Krishna TK » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:45 am

Thank you swadin and atish bro.All the 3 links are useful.By the way can u suggest me some free themes as well for that site .

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:21 am

Thandava Krishna TK wrote:Thank you swadin and atish bro.All the 3 links are useful.By the way can u suggest me some free themes as well for that site .

I think theme preference can be selected as per your exact requirement and as per your taste. You can start with any basic theme, and customize that your way if you can because any theme will fulfill everything as per your needs. So, I would say choose any free one with maximum features you want, and then start customizing it.

Since you are going to build a website not the blog, you must need to do some customization.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:09 pm

Hello Thandava,
I am glad I could help. As Atish bro said that you need to be check out the free themes and see if they work or not. Here is one of my favorite free themes Zerif lite. You can see if this fits your needs.
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

Thandava Krishna TK

Postby Thandava Krishna TK » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:34 am

yes atish bro i need to do more customization and swadhin bro that theme really helps..
Thank you/solved

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Thandava Krishna TK wrote:yes atish bro i need to do more customization and swadhin bro that theme really helps..
Thank you/solved

If you have some good experience with HTML, CSS, you can do as much customization in the design part. For functionalities, make use of plugins if you are not aware of PHP. If you have PHP knowledge, then you can do anything with WP.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Return to “Wordpress”