How to Schedule Posts on a self-hosted WordPress Blog

Wordpress related queries and solutions go in this forum thread. Ask the problems you are facing related to Wordpress here.
imransoudagar

How to Schedule Posts on a self-hosted WordPress Blog

Postby imransoudagar » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:12 pm

Hello Friends,

I own a few blogs and most of them are on self-hosted WordPress. And on one of the blog I post inspirational thoughts by great people, motivational videos from TED and INK Talks and other sources. The blog gets a decent amount of traffic from Reddit, Facebook, and other social sites. Now the problem that I am facing is 'Scheduling'. There is a huge amount of material that I post and I don't get much time to manually publish each and every post every day. Sometimes I forget to publish posts for days and the posts just sit in the drafts section.

What I want is; a WordPress Plugin which can schedule the posts and publish the drafts automatically without any work from my part. It would be better if the plugin is simple to use. I stumbled upon few Plugins and these are a little bit complicated and take some time to get to know them. I have no time for trial and error.

It will be helpful if you can help me.

Thank you.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: How to Schedule Posts on a self-hosted WordPress Blog

Postby Atish Ranjan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:35 pm

imransoudagar wrote:Hello Friends,

I own a few blogs and most of them are on self-hosted WordPress. And on one of the blog I post inspirational thoughts by great people, motivational videos from TED and INK Talks and other sources. The blog gets a decent amount of traffic from Reddit, Facebook, and other social sites. Now the problem that I am facing is 'Scheduling'. There is a huge amount of material that I post and I don't get much time to manually publish each and every post every day. Sometimes I forget to publish posts for days and the posts just sit in the drafts section.

What I want is; a WordPress Plugin which can schedule the posts and publish the drafts automatically without any work from my part. It would be better if the plugin is simple to use. I stumbled upon few Plugins and these are a little bit complicated and take some time to get to know them. I have no time for trial and error.

It will be helpful if you can help me.

Thank you.

Hello Imran,

Why do you want a plugin if Wordpress already has scheduling option?

Here is what to do to schedule posts without any plugin:

When you are drafting the post, you must have seen this as you have to click on Publish to make the post live.

schedule post in WP.png
schedule post in WP.png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 1580 times

Click the arrow marked "Edit", and enter the date of publishing, and then Click On OK, then Schedule.

schedule post in WP_1.png
schedule post in WP_1.png (16.6 KiB) Viewed 1580 times

Hope this helps!

Cheer!
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

imransoudagar

Postby imransoudagar » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Hello Atish,

Thanks for the tip but the problem is, I have many posts in drafts, and if I manually schedule the posts, it will take lots of time. What I was looking is a plugin that can post the latest draft on a particular day of the week. The WordPress feature is useful, but I have to add the date and time manually, and it is time-consuming since I have many posts in drafts.

Anyways, thanks for the tip, I will try to find an alternative else will have to go with your suggestions.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:18 am

imransoudagar wrote:Hello Atish,

Thanks for the tip but the problem is, I have many posts in drafts, and if I manually schedule the posts, it will take lots of time. What I was looking is a plugin that can post the latest draft on a particular day of the week. The WordPress feature is useful, but I have to add the date and time manually, and it is time-consuming since I have many posts in drafts.

Anyways, thanks for the tip, I will try to find an alternative else will have to go with your suggestions.

Hello Imran,

I think this can help you well for your requirement => http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-bulk-schedule-posts-in-wordpress/
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

imransoudagar

Postby imransoudagar » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:29 pm

Thank you Atish, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:18 pm

imransoudagar wrote:Thank you Atish, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Great.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Return to “Wordpress”