How to add Author Bio Box with Short Code? and without Plugin

Wordpress related queries and solutions go in this forum thread. Ask the problems you are facing related to Wordpress here.
bestofguru

How to add Author Bio Box with Short Code? and without Plugin

Postby bestofguru » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:22 am

Hello Team,

I am in the process of avoiding plugins as much as possible and today i have got stuck with Author Bio Box.

I have removed the Author bio inbuilt option in my Genesis Magazine Pro Theme as it is showing only the main Author (that's me) in all the posts including the Guest Author Posts.

I would like to put an end for this by adding a shortcode inside the post (at the end) using the Author Name, Bio and their links (Social and website URL).

I am using Shotcodes Ultimate plugin but I didnt able to add the links within a box/ text thing ..

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: How to add Author Bio Box with Short Code? and without Plugin

Postby Atish Ranjan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:24 am

bestofguru wrote:Hello Team,

I am in the process of avoiding plugins as much as possible and today i have got stuck with Author Bio Box.

I have removed the Author bio inbuilt option in my Genesis Magazine Pro Theme as it is showing only the main Author (that's me) in all the posts including the Guest Author Posts.

I would like to put an end for this by adding a shortcode inside the post (at the end) using the Author Name, Bio and their links (Social and website URL).

I am using Shotcodes Ultimate plugin but I didnt able to add the links within a box/ text thing ..

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

You want to put an author bio manually in every post with the help of shortcode?

With the shortcode you can call a box but you have to put the bio content in that everytime. isn't it?

If you are using Ultimate shortcodes then you should go with the BOX option in cheatsheet.

Code: Select all

[su_box title="Box title" style="default" box_color="#333333" title_color="#FFFFFF" radius="3" class=""]Box content[/su_box]

In this code.. you can change the Box Title as Posted by Guru and in the Box Content, you can put the bio content in which you can list author links, social links, etc..

hope this helps!
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Return to “Wordpress”