How to use WP Tag generator ?

Wordpress related queries and solutions go in this forum thread. Ask the problems you are facing related to Wordpress here.
Leennna

How to use WP Tag generator ?

Postby Leennna » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:46 am

How to use WP Tag generator ? Is it useful ?
Leena Alloriya
Blogger at http://scoopoflives.com/

SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Re: How to use WP Tag generator ?

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:33 pm

Leennna wrote:How to use WP Tag generator ? Is it useful ?

Hi Leennna,
I don't think a separate tag manager will do a job that normal tagging can't. Moreover, these days tags are been used less and IMO, creating multiple tags to the same content can actually create issues of duplicate content on your blog.

This is because same version of the post is available at multiple URLs. Due to this, many have automatic on-index settings for tags and categories, yoast can help you. :)

Tags help if you are using a very big publishing blog that has tons of articles regularly updated on many topics.
It's up to you to use it or not, I'd not give it a pick since it will not serve anything specific. :)
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: How to use WP Tag generator ?

Postby Atish Ranjan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:13 pm

Leennna wrote:How to use WP Tag generator ? Is it useful ?

Hello Leena,

Wordpress has default tag options that you can see while drafting the post in the editor.

Tags are great if you want to structure your article with good tags using internal links. But, if you create so many tags in a post, this will create content duplicate issue in Google search because as many tags you add, that many separate URLs of that one post will be created, and when Google sees them, it will see same content on multiple URLs, it will be an issue.

One or two tags are fine to use.

But, if you have plan to use multiple in each post, you should disallow Google for indexing your tag urls.

Hope this helps.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Return to “Wordpress”