Usage of Profile Pictures On our Blogs And Other Sites

Questions, Answers, Topics, and Posts related to blogging!
pvariel

Usage of Profile Pictures On our Blogs And Other Sites

Postby pvariel » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:57 am

Do you often change your profile (avatar) picture in your blog/webpage, and social media sites?

If we do will it make any difference in our ranking etc?

What do you say about people who often changes their profile pictures?

Also, what is your opinion about using quotes, objects like sceneries, flowers, animals, political leaders, world leaders, god and goddesses as their profile pics, do you support this. Will this give any drawback to our rankings?
A multi-lingual Freelance writer, blogger and an editor.
Based in Hyderabad India.
Blog at http://www.pvariel.com Philipscom
Twitter: @PVAriel https://twitter.com/PVAriel

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: Usage of Profile Pictures On our Blogs And Other Sites

Postby Atish Ranjan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:26 am

pvariel wrote:Do you often change your profile (avatar) picture in your blog/webpage, and social media sites?

Also, what is your opinion about using quotes, objects like sceneries, flowers, animals, political leaders, world leaders, god and goddesses as their profile pics, do you support this. Will this give any drawback to our rankings?

Hello Pvariel,

I don't often change my profile pic frequently. however, I do sometimes. But I make sure that I use same profile at every place for better recognition by others.

About the rankings, I am not sure what kind of ranking you are talking about?

If you are talking about search engine rankings, I would say no there won't be any impact due to this.

For profile pic, I always recommend using the real photograph and not actors/God/flowers or any other kinda images.

Hope this solves your query. If you still have any question, do write back. thanks.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

pvariel

Postby pvariel » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:03 am

Thanks @Atish Ranjan,
for the quick reply.
I appreciate, yes, i meant search engine ranking only.
Thanks for sharing your views in the use of other pics instead of our own pics.
Yes, i too didn't change my profile pic as often. My present one is almost 5 to 6 years old,
Though it is good to have a current pic on the profile, but it may sometimes miss the identity of ours, as many know the famiiar face.
When I checked with some influencers too, they too have this opinion of not changing our profile picture often.
Thanks a lot for clearing my doubts.
Best
Have a wonderful Sunday
~ Philip
A multi-lingual Freelance writer, blogger and an editor.
Based in Hyderabad India.
Blog at http://www.pvariel.com Philipscom
Twitter: @PVAriel https://twitter.com/PVAriel

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:17 am

pvariel wrote:Thanks @Atish Ranjan,
for the quick reply.
I appreciate, yes, i meant search engine ranking only.
Thanks for sharing your views in the use of other pics instead of our own pics.
Yes, i too didn't change my profile pic as often. My present one is almost 5 to 6 years old,
Though it is good to have a current pic on the profile, but it may sometimes miss the identity of ours, as many know the famiiar face.
When I checked with some influencers too, they too have this opinion of not changing our profile picture often.
Thanks a lot for clearing my doubts.
Best
Have a wonderful Sunday
~ Philip

Good to know that it clears your doubt. Good Day.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:16 am

pvariel wrote:Do you often change your profile (avatar) picture in your blog/webpage, and social media sites?

Hi Phillip sir,

I do not often change my DP or profile images or avatars, but that is a personal preference you can change it as many times you like, it will do no harm.

As per rankings, they do not, in any way, impact Google or social rankings.

What is their effect then?

Your avatar is your brand's identity. They have a strong association with your brand and how your customers/readers perceive you as a business. Changing too many avatars or too often will evoke confusion in the minds of your readers/customers and your brand's consistency will be damaged. Also having a same feel in the avatars across all your social media platforms and blogs will help in easy identification and create a string brand.

Make sure you choose a avatar or image that has a strong feel about your business and keep the same on all your social media platforms. You could also use IFTTT to change your profile images across all your social media platforms by just replacing on one platform.

I am totally against using flowers and other related images because that is not who you are. People like and trust and love to do business with real people not someone hiding behind a fake flower. So yes having a real face works better.

I hope this answers your questions.

-Swadhin
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

Return to “Blogging”