How to improve my blog?

Questions, Answers, Topics, and Posts related to blogging!
moumitaghosh

How to improve my blog?

Postby moumitaghosh » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:24 am

Hello,

Please share some ways to improve my blog. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Moumita Ghosh

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: How to imporve my blog?

Postby Atish Ranjan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:34 pm

moumitaghosh wrote:Hello,

Thanks,

Moumita Ghosh

Hello Moumita,

The question you have asked is a broad one, and there 100s of ways to improve your blog. Would you be little specific? I mean what type of improvements you are inquiring for?

Still, I would share a few things:

1. Keyword research => You can check this thread => viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9

2. Write excellent content in a way that they look interesting. And, they must be useful, and not just the contents that are written to fill the blogs. Write to solve problems of people.

3. Link building is very important to beat the competition and rank well on first page because it can give you hell lot of traffic. Yes, if you can work on a keyword that has more than 5000 Global searches, and by any chance, if you are able to rank it on first page, you will get good amount of traffic.
And, to rank you must do competitive analysis, and choose the keywords accordingly. Once research and content writing work done, give your content a boost by linking from good sites. Even when you write content, keep On-page SEO in mind.

If you can do these three things in a better way, I am sure, you can improve your blog's traffic.

Other improvements are like design, you must get a professional logo for your blog, and also you should have the design that can attract audiences just in a glance.

Still, I would like to know in which area you are lagging and want to improve? So, that I can answer specifically.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Re: How to improve my blog?

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:00 pm

moumitaghosh wrote:Hello,

Thanks,

Moumita Ghosh

Hi Maumita,

Improving the blog quality always depends on the purpose you are having your blog. I'd suggest you to take a simple pen and paper and start jotting down the ideas you had when creating the blog. There must be some topic that you had thought while making the blog.

Then think about what is stopping you from reaching that goal. Here are two common cases which everyone faces.

You have no traffic
If your blog is lacking traffic, I suggest you to take a look at your content strategy. Mostly the content in your niche (blogging/tech/marketing) has high competition. So to increase traffic you have to write on topics that interest people and people are searching for it. You can use a tool for keyword research. Google keyword planner does a pretty good job but you can use others like soovle.com, ubersuggest, keyword shitter to get more deep with long tail keywords and LSI keywords. Most of these tools have a free version so you can give them a spin. You can also try Long Tail Pro which offers 1 month of free trial for 1$.

After you have jotted down your keywords, you can simply google the keyword to see what pages are ranking for it. Then you have to write a post on the keyword that is better than those pages. You don't need to bee an expert in the field, you just have to research and provide the best answer/value than those found in the SERPs.
There is a strategy called skyscrapper technique. You can read that for more information.

You want your blog to look professional and build a community around it.
If you want to make your blog popular in the community like others, you can make it look using a good theme. Then try to comment and share blog posts of fellow bloggers. This will help you in relationship building and they will return to your blog and comment on articles and share them. Remember, the technique here is to genuinely provide value to the community. Be real with your approach add genuine comments.

You can conduct expert roundups in your niche, this will help you gain eyeballs of the pros and also you can leverage their shares to get in front of their followers. Be sure to make it epic, i.e., more detailed, and add many influencers in one post. This way you can get more conversions from a single post.

One more thing, do not bug your site with too many ads. They rarely convert but always makes your site look cheap. :)
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

moumitaghosh

Postby moumitaghosh » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Hello Atish,

I am blogging on technology niche and I have some event blogs.

Thanks,

Moumita Ghosh

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:29 pm

moumitaghosh wrote:Hello Atish,

I am blogging on technology niche and I have some event blogs.

Thanks,

Moumita Ghosh

That is fine. But, what I want to ask you that in which area you think you lag behind?

For event blogs => You have to take help of little bit spam since they are not long term blogs. So, you can get a content stuffed with keywords, however, content should be written well. Then, build backlinks in huge, and I am sure you will be able to rank.

For tech blogs => I shared in my first response.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Return to “Blogging”