About DMCA Complaint

Questions, Answers, Topics, and Posts related to blogging!
Nirmala

About DMCA Complaint

Postby Nirmala » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi Atish,

Two websites are copying my "Make Money Online" posts. I found 26 unoriginal URLs and submitted DMCA yesterday.

Today, I got the reply from Google team says that

they are unclear whether I'm the authorized copyright owner of my content. If I'm not the copyright owner, they cannot process my notice. They asked me to have the copyright owner file a DMCA notice with them. If I'm the copyright owner, they are asking me to provide more detail explaining how this is the case.

So, do I need to get a DMCA license for my blog? What to reply to them?

I just shared my blog URL while filing the complaint. Are they asking me to share the exact URLs which have been copied by the websites?

Please help me with the useful answer.

Regards,
Nirmala.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: About DMCA Complaint

Postby Atish Ranjan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:24 pm

Nirmala wrote:Hi Atish,

Two websites are copying my "Make Money Online" posts. I found 26 unoriginal URLs and submitted DMCA yesterday.

Today, I got the reply from Google team says that

they are unclear whether I'm the authorized copyright owner of my content. If I'm not the copyright owner, they cannot process my notice. They asked me to have the copyright owner file a DMCA notice with them. If I'm the copyright owner, they are asking me to provide more detail explaining how this is the case.

So, do I need to get a DMCA license for my blog? What to reply to them?

I just shared my blog URL while filing the complaint. Are they asking me to share the exact URLs which have been copied by the websites?

Please help me with the useful answer.

Regards,
Nirmala.

Nirmala,

I think the same thing I said in Facebook comment that if you will file DMCA, they will ask for copyright proof. But, since you just write and publish you don't have any proof so Google won't help here.

I am not sure about how to get copyright of your content.

You can contact their hosting providers and tell them. Even some of the sites are copying my blog posts completely too and I was worried but nothing helped, even I tagged John Muller and Matt cutts in G+ post, and John Mueller replies that if I have copyright of the content then they can help.

I stopped bothering about those copycats, they are not harming in any way as they are copying articles, they will be sooner be deranked or deindxed by Google algo.

But, if you are so much concerned, Try paid DMCA notice, I am not sure about that though since I never filed something like this.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Nirmala

Re: About DMCA Complaint

Postby Nirmala » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:36 pm

Thanks for replying Atish. I'll try to contact the hosting provider and DMCA licence for my blog.

Return to “Blogging”