Type of posts that bring most traffic

Questions, Answers, Topics, and Posts related to blogging!
SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Type of posts that bring most traffic

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:35 am

In blogging, you always have to write for your audience. Your content marketing strategy has to be aligned with your readers in mind and not the other way round. In my blogging journey I have come across many posts types, written numerous posts for my clients and some are clear winners while others fail miserably.

Here are some common blog topic or type of posts that perform well in respect to others. You can try it and add your content accordingly.
1) List posts:
Poeple just love list posts. From Buzzfeed to Scoopwhoop all sites leverage lists posts to drive viral traffic. Even bloggers like Neil Patel have some extensive lists posts. The scientific reason why people love to read listicles is because it is finite and human psychology loves to know when something ends or a finite answer to how long the process will take, in this case its top 10 or top 5 tools etc.

2) Tutorials:
The how-to posts or tutorial posts are often the most searched posts and they bring a pool of quality organic traffic. Usually the affiliate links in how-to posts and the opt-in widgets perform well because people will get impressed with your style of solving their problems.

3) Infographics:
Visual images are often the most shared type of blog posts and thus bring huge traffic and links too.Infographics get shared about 3 times more than normal blog articles. So it is wiser to present your blog post as a infographic and submit it to free infographics site that collect and distribute them. Simple tools like canva can help you create awesome infographics.

4) Controviersial posts:
Controversial posts are very risky but worth the risk taken. You can always write posts that counter a popular belief and when you take a side you get the envy, anger of some from the other side, but you also get the love, support of others who agree your point. You have to decide what is important for you. These type of posts might go viral and since others will like to show your POV in their blogs, you will get awesome links too. Make sure you don't speak anything in the air, though. Have proof and backup data for whatever you are saying. Stay within your limits and do not harm anyone with what you should not be saying.

5) Podcasts and videos:
Having media content can spice up your content style. People these days love podcasts a lot since they can get into it on the go. Readers can hear you on commute, in the kitchen or when taking a nap so podcasts are the easiest way to create content.

Similarly, videos are the future of content marketing. I you are uncomfortable facing the camera, you can use slides and visuals and convert them into a video with some free creative commons audio to fire up in the background.

So here you go.
These are the very popular and most traffic bringing post-styles for blogging. You can spice them up further by adding PDFs and other formats and even missing two formats together. Do let me know how it goes.
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: Type of posts that bring most traffic

Postby Atish Ranjan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:18 pm

SwadhinAgrawal wrote:In blogging, you always have to write for your audience. Your content marketing strategy has to be aligned with your readers in mind and not the other way round. In my blogging journey I have come across many posts types, written numerous posts for my clients and some are clear winners while others fail miserably....

Hello Swadhin,

Thanks for sharing your tip. Yes, such posts are good and go viral. However, I noticed that post on Tips and Tricks also increase your organic traffic to a big extent. I have tried it, and it does work like charm!

Thanks!
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:41 pm

Atish Ranjan wrote:Thanks for sharing your tip. Yes, such posts are good and go viral. However, I noticed that post on Tips and Tricks also increase your organic traffic to a big extent. I have tried it, and it does work like charm!

Thanks!

Yes bro,
I have seen ,lists post perform the best but sites with infographics like Neil Patel's also do good in terms of SEO (by bringing links thrrough embeds) and social shares.
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:44 pm

SwadhinAgrawal wrote:
Atish Ranjan wrote:Thanks for sharing your tip. Yes, such posts are good and go viral. However, I noticed that post on Tips and Tricks also increase your organic traffic to a big extent. I have tried it, and it does work like charm!

Thanks!

Yes bro,
I have seen ,lists post perform the best but sites with infographics like Neil Patel's also do good in terms of SEO (by bringing links thrrough embeds) and social shares.

Yes true, when you create awesome helpful videos and infographics, people do share it on their blog with credit, and traffic increases due to these.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

pvariel

Postby pvariel » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:25 am

@SwadhinAgrawal
I fully agree with you on this subject, the points you mentioned all are really worth traffic pullers.
I am experienced with the Infographics and it really get more shares than the text ones,
I am also experienced by publishing a controversial subject, In fact, its not a controversial one but it is a kind or ALERT Post, it got more mileage in my traffic and page view.
Such Alert post which give the audience a kind of warning will definitely get more share and traffic.
I was talking about a post on my page pvariel dot com about a bogus advertisement appeared on and often on even some major online mags and newspapers.
Here is the title: Do Not Fall Into The Trap Of This BREAKING NEWS! Facebook Pays India Residents ₹15,792/day To Work From http://www.pvariel.com/dont-fall-trap-breaking-news-facebook-pays-india-residents-%E2%82%B915792day-work-home/
Thanks
@PVAriel
A multi-lingual Freelance writer, blogger and an editor.
Based in Hyderabad India.
Blog at http://www.pvariel.com Philipscom
Twitter: @PVAriel https://twitter.com/PVAriel

Return to “Blogging”