How to reduce blog bounce rates

Questions, Answers, Topics, and Posts related to blogging!
SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

How to reduce blog bounce rates

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:43 pm

I have read tons of articles on blog bounce rates, most are awesome but I want to know what practical tips you all used to reduce your own/client's blog bounce rates?
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: How to reduce blog bounce rates

Postby Atish Ranjan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:42 pm

SwadhinAgrawal wrote:I have read tons of articles on blog bounce rates, most are awesome but I want to know what practical tips you all used to reduce your own/client's blog bounce rates?

Hello Swadhin,

As per my experience normal blogs like yours and mine, have higher bounce rates because most of our users, come and read the topic and close the blog. very few chances are there they visit multiple posts.

However, if you can put a few posts as recommended ones with very attractive and catchy anchor tags, I am sure you will be able to make your readers click on them to visit other pages of your posts. And, if they do so, your blog's bounce rate will reduce gradually.

Try to do better interlinking, add recommended posts, hot posts, etc, in every post of yours. Also, have related posts at the bottom of the post. Keep a popular post widget or any other customized widget in sidebar.

I am sure these will help a bit. But, still, I would say, blogs bounce rates are comparatively high.

For example, this forum's bounce rate is only 25% because people view various posts and topics when they come. But, when a user comes to your blog, he reads the long post, leave a comment, and close. This is what happens in most cases.

Try these methods and see if these help a bit.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

gopikanna
SEO Expert

Postby gopikanna » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:34 pm

To reduce the blog bounce rate you have to give the most care for user engagement.

To improve the user engagement you would require to make long quality contents that adds value to the user.
Interlink the content from the posts to the related posts.
Make catchy sub titles.
Then make the theme in such a way that the user finds it easy to navigate.
Add proper labels to the posts.
Categorize the topics properly.
Add some good looking pictures and videos to increase the user engagement.
Encourage the user to comment and share.
Add some polls or surveys to make the user engaged.

Hope these tips helps..
-Gopikanna

Tejal

Postby Tejal » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:36 pm

I am not experienced of such things. But I would say show something in your posts that grabs your readers' attention in a way that they are compelled to click and visit your other pages.

Return to “Blogging”