Finding copied content of blog

Everything related to Content!
ajaynasa

Finding copied content of blog

Postby ajaynasa » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:10 pm

I want to know the best way to find if someone is copying my blog content. Not for 1 article but for my full blog. Can copy Scape able to do it? Is there any other method to find it in easy way and less time?

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: Finding copied content of blog

Postby Atish Ranjan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:52 am

ajaynasa wrote:I want to know the best way to find if someone is copying my blog content. Not for 1 article but for my full blog. Can copy Scape able to do it? Is there any other method to find it in easy way and less time?

You can do many things such as:

1. install incoming links plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/incoming-links/ which keeps letting you know about the links your site gets. The reason I am telling you to installing this is because copy cat sites copy full content along with internal links and all.. So in that case your site gets linked on that copied site as well, and this plugin notify about the backlink, and then you can check that link to know whether that site copied content or the link is just genuine one.

2. You can also try searching your posts' excerpt in the Google sometimes, and it may give you fair idea if it is copied anywhere.

3. Google Alerts can help you too if you set an alert for some portion of your content if published anywhere.

Copyscape may tell you this but for that you know the link url so that you can check if the content is copied from yours or not. But, in this case, when you have link, you can just look at the content to know if it copied yours. There won't be any need of copyscape.

Hope these help.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

ajaynasa

Postby ajaynasa » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:29 pm

Thanks Atish for the info. Didn't know about this plugin, will install for sure now. :)

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:25 pm

ajaynasa wrote:Thanks Atish for the info. Didn't know about this plugin, will install for sure now. :)

Great!
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Return to “Content Marketing”