Importance of Images in your content marketing strategy

Everything related to Content!
SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Importance of Images in your content marketing strategy

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:34 pm

With time content marketing is evolving and so are the interests of our readers. Brand are also giving more importance to visual content because it help to convert more. Similarly, business, bloggers and marketers can use content marketing along with visual images or videos for multimedia engagement.

In a recent research by the buffer blog it is proven that image tweets have got 18% more engagement 89 % more favorites and 150% increase in retweets. Now this information is big enough to get you started using images on your blogs and social media updates.

Images help to stand out

Using specific sizes of images or the ones that have a definite branding can make your blog and marketing strategy stand out from the rest you can do this by using specific blog colors for your images or you can have specific filter or for a consistent logo that speaks for your brand.

Images help to catch reader attention

With so much information overload, having vibrant and catchy images can do pretty much to hold your readers attention and hook them into your content. Similarly, images that depict statistics and charts will help to build trust and authenticity in your content next paragraph

Images bring more social share

Having beautiful images is known to increase social shares of your blog posts. Infographic are known to be 3x more powerful when it comes to social sharing than any other blog content type.
Another research says that articles with images every hundred words or so get double the number of social share that those girl that don't have images.

Conclusion:
With so many factors going for use of images in your content strategy I would suggest using visual content to enhance and empower your content marketing strategy.

Data stats: source1
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: Importance of Images in your content marketing strategy

Postby Atish Ranjan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:05 pm

SwadhinAgrawal wrote:With time content marketing is evolving and so are the interests of our readers. Brand are also giving more importance to visual content because it help to convert more. Similarly, business, bloggers and marketers can use content marketing along with visual images or videos for multimedia engagement.....

Hi Swadhin,

I agree with you on this and even when you add images, and optimize them for SEO by adding alt texts, you get traffic from Google Image Search as well.

But, I always get something in mind that while writing a long post, we add so many screenshots as required. So, they do degrade the load time of the page as the size of the page increases with every image. Isn't it a downside of it? As Google give preference to faster loading pages.

However, a fast web host, and good caching plugins can improve the load time but still more images means bulkier page, and it does slow down the page a bit.

What are your views on this?
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:35 pm

Hello Atish bro,
This is the most frequent question that haunts bloggers who write extensive tutorials, or in-depth guides on a topic. Of course you will then have to create a lot of images and they are sure to increase your page load time.
There is no definite solution for this but as you said caching plugins and optimizing the images with compressing tools like kraken.io or smush.it (WP plugin) is the best way to decrease the size of images.

Most screenshots might not require high quality visuals so you can use the lossy mode to compress even more than the lossless mode.

Lazy load plugins are the best effective in this case, since you can prevent the loading of all images all at once and instead focus on leading the images gradually as the reader scrolls. This makes sense because we don't literally need the bottom image when we are starting reading so why increase load times by pre-loading it?

I hope this helps bro. :)
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:37 pm

SwadhinAgrawal wrote:Hello Atish bro,
This is the most frequent question that haunts bloggers who write extensive tutorials, or in-depth guides on a topic. Of course, you will then have to create a lot of images and they are sure to increase your page load time....

Thanks!

Yes, lazy load is something good for this stuff. But, at times lazy load delays loading of images too much that it doesn't look good.

Thanks for the reply!
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

ajaynasa

Postby ajaynasa » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:33 am

Optimization of an image, the widely ignored but most important factor by all newbies. With my experience, I can say that the day I learn about the ALT tag in an image, this is my best technique to optimize not only the image but overall article.There are 3 things I have learned by optimizing the images:
1. You can actually compete with big brands/websites for highly competitive niche if your images are optimized properly. I am getting most of the traffic from image searches.
2. Optimizing the image for your article increases the chance of getting backlinks from high authority websites/blogs. Not to brag but for my gaming blog, I have got a backlink from UbiSoft website and some other authority websites also.
3. Chances are that you also get less bounce rate for your blog post. (At least in my case this is true) :)
And it is also the easiest method to get backlinks.
Not to be mention that images give you most social shares and hence you gain social signal reputation in search engines.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:08 pm

ajaynasa wrote:Optimization of an image, the widely ignored but most important factor by all newbies. With my experience, I can say that the day I learn about the ALT tag in an image, this is my best technique to optimize not only the image but overall article.There are 3 things I have learned by optimizing the images:
1. You can actually compete with big brands/websites for highly competitive niche if your images are optimized properly. I am getting most of the traffic from image searches.
2. Optimizing the image for your article increases the chance of getting backlinks from high authority websites/blogs. Not to brag but for my gaming blog, I have got a backlink from UbiSoft website and some other authority websites also.
3. Chances are that you also get less bounce rate for your blog post. (At least in my case this is true) :)
And it is also the easiest method to get backlinks.
Not to be mention that images give you most social shares and hence you gain social signal reputation in search engines.

Thank you for sharing your views on this, Ajay. Cheers!
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

imransoudagar

Postby imransoudagar » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:01 am

Although it is necessary to add images in our blog posts, I end up not adding any images because it is tough to find high-quality images for our blog.

It will be helpful for me if someone shares a few useful resources for high-quality images which are free of any copyright.

Thank you

pvariel

Postby pvariel » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:21 pm

@Swadhin,

I fully agree with you on this post.

Yes, the images we provide on our contents can speak volume!

As the age old saying goes, a picture speaks more than a thousand words.

In this world of business, reading a long content is a tedious job and many just skip here. :-(

But that content if we can present it in the form of an infographic I am sure more than half the work is done, and many will get an idea, what exactly it is by just a glance.

That is the importance of Infographic. In fact, a picture shouts out more than content

Cheers!

Thanks Swadhin once again for this great thought and note.

Keep sharing

Best
~ Phil
A multi-lingual Freelance writer, blogger and an editor.
Based in Hyderabad India.
Blog at http://www.pvariel.com Philipscom
Twitter: @PVAriel https://twitter.com/PVAriel

Return to “Content Marketing”