The experiment that gave you unbelievable traffic overnight

Everything related to Content!
ajaynasa

The experiment that gave you unbelievable traffic overnight

Postby ajaynasa » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:03 pm

Ok, so I know and you also know that Content marketing is all about "Experiment". But we also know that no one tells about the experiment he/she did to get the traffic. Anyone here wants to share the success story of his/her experiment that landed you traffic in 4 to 5 figures overnight (even only for 1 post).
P.S: Not asking about event blogging. Event Bloggers please stay away from this post.

SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Re: The experiment that gave you unbelievable traffic overnight

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:11 pm

ajaynasa wrote:Ok, so I know and you also know that Content marketing is all about "Experiment". But we also know that no one tells about the experiment he/she did to get the traffic. Anyone here wants to share the success story of his/her experiment that landed you traffic in 4 to 5 figures overnight (even only for 1 post).
P.S: Not asking about event blogging. Event Bloggers please stay away from this post.

Hi Ajay, I don't know if such experiments are even possible but I'd like to believe they are. As far as I know I have never seen or even feel that there can be a white hat way to get 4-5 figure viewership overnight. This can be worked for sure but that will always take more time than one or two nights.

There is no shortcut to SEO or readership as far as I know but, looking forward to what others say here.

BTW, nice idea :idea:
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

gopikanna
SEO Expert

Postby gopikanna » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:48 pm

The following are some of the instances which gets you huge traffic..

Google honeymoon
Brand mentions
Viral content
hot news
trending topics

ajaynasa

Postby ajaynasa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:20 pm

SwadhinAgrawal wrote:
ajaynasa wrote:Ok, so I know and you also know that Content marketing is all about "Experiment". But we also know that no one tells about the experiment he/she did to get the traffic. Anyone here wants to share the success story of his/her experiment that landed you traffic in 4 to 5 figures overnight (even only for 1 post).

Hi Ajay, I don't know if such experiments are even possible but I'd like to believe they are. As far as I know I have never seen or even feel that there can be a white hat way to get 4-5 figure viewership overnight. This can be worked for sure but that will always take more time than one or two nights.

There is no shortcut to SEO or readership as far as I know but, looking forward to what others say here.

Hi Swadhin,
I am asking this because I have done this 2 time. To be precise, I didn't do any experiment but just a regular update. Landed me 10k visitors for 2 posts and a legal notice from BCCI for 1 of my experiment. I want to know if anyone other has done something like this. :)

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:50 pm

ajaynasa wrote:
SwadhinAgrawal wrote:

Hi Swadhin,
I am asking this because I have done this 2 time. To be precise, I didn't do any experiment but just a regular update. Landed me 10k visitors for 2 posts and a legal notice from BCCI for 1 of my experiment. I want to know if anyone other has done something like this. :)

Hello Ajay,

Can you please elaborate what type of experiment you did?
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

ajaynasa

Postby ajaynasa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 pm

gopikanna wrote:The following are some of the instances which gets you huge traffic..

Google honeymoon
Brand mentions
Viral content
hot news
trending topics

Absolutely right options Gopikanna. But there is 1 more and that is: images of celebrity. These will not give instant result but I got after 2 days only :)

imransoudagar

Postby imransoudagar » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:18 am

Okay, you want to hear a story of how I started a blog and got millions of views and got filthy rich?

Well, I have no such story.

I still struggle to make a living.

In fact, I have no success story.

But I have something that you might like.

Way back in 2007, when Blogger.com was still a big thing, I started few blogs. And I started posting whatever I had written.

And then I got lazy and stopped publishing my original work and started posting thoughts, quotes, motivational images and videos from different sources.

Once there was a big controversy when one leading newspaper portal accidently published an article about the death of Lata Mangeshkar (age 86) (one of the most famous singers in India) but in reality, she was just ill and had not died. She is still alive and healthy.

And being the curious soul, I started researching about why the newspaper had already written about Lata Mangeshkar’s death when she was still alive?

I went ahead and asked my friends in media.

They said that it is a regular practice for media houses to write and save articles about the death of famous personalities, so that when these celebrities die they can publish it as soon as possible and be the first one to publish emotional stories related to the person.

This made me think, why not I do the same?

I had blogger.com blogs that had good PR and authority; I soon started collecting quotes, thoughts, videos about famous personalities who were ill or reached a very ripe age.

I started publishing these articles.

And as and when these personalities died, people began searching for their thoughts, their quotes, and their videos or funny incidences. And somehow without any work, my posts got good traffic because my posts were published way back in 2007 to 2012.

Below I have posted a screenshot of one such blog.
[img]
blo.png
[/img]

I have a bunch of such blogs, and now I am building a self-hosted WordPress blog and taking this little idea to the next level.

Let me be clear that I never got more than 2000 views per post, but overall each blog has thousands of views, which is cool as I never worked regularly on these blogs.

And yes, you are welcome to copy this idea and get lots of organic traffic.

P.S: I guess this doesn’t come under event blogging. I call it “Strategy Blogging.”
blo.png
blo.png (9.14 KiB) Viewed 2106 times
Attachments
blo2.png
blo2.png (14.4 KiB) Viewed 2106 times

ajaynasa

Postby ajaynasa » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:28 am

imransoudagar wrote:Okay, you want to hear a story of how I started a blog and got millions of views and got filthy rich?

Well, I have no such story.

I still struggle to make a living.

In fact, I have no success story.

But I have something that you might like.

Way back in 2007, when Blogger.com was still a big thing, I started few blogs. And I started posting whatever I had written.

And then I got lazy and stopped publishing my original work and started posting thoughts, quotes, motivational images and videos from different sources.

Once there was a big controversy when one leading newspaper portal accidently published an article about the death of Lata Mangeshkar (age 86) (one of the most famous singers in India) but in reality, she was just ill and had not died. She is still alive and healthy.

And being the curious soul, I started researching about why the newspaper had already written about Lata Mangeshkar’s death when she was still alive?

I went ahead and asked my friends in media.

They said that it is a regular practice for media houses to write and save articles about the death of famous personalities, so that when these celebrities die they can publish it as soon as possible and be the first one to publish emotional stories related to the person.

This made me think, why not I do the same?

I had blogger.com blogs that had good PR and authority; I soon started collecting quotes, thoughts, videos about famous personalities who were ill or reached a very ripe age.

I started publishing these articles.

And as and when these personalities died, people began searching for their thoughts, their quotes, and their videos or funny incidences. And somehow without any work, my posts got good traffic because my posts were published way back in 2007 to 2012.

Below I have posted a screenshot of one such blog.
[img]blo.png[/img]

I have a bunch of such blogs, and now I am building a self-hosted WordPress blog and taking this little idea to the next level.

Let me be clear that I never got more than 2000 views per post, but overall each blog has thousands of views, which is cool as I never worked regularly on these blogs.

And yes, you are welcome to copy this idea and get lots of organic traffic.

P.S: I guess this doesn’t come under event blogging. I call it “Strategy Blogging.”
blo.png

That's The thing I am talking about. Thanks for the share. :)

ajaynasa

Postby ajaynasa » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:44 am

Hi Atish,
Actually I did exactly what Imran bro did "look into future" thing.
It was 2013 and I started a blog on hollywood niche. I was updating around 10-20 news per day and got bored of writing and writing and writing. So one day I was browsing reddit and got the idea of a post with images only.
I went ahead and look for the music album that is going to release. I got news of hannah montana "Wrecking Ball" song that was releasing after 2-3 days. And that time she was in news due to her twerking and wardrobe malfunction thing. So I did write a post with 20-30 images of hannah montana and submit that into Reddit. Reddit is a good source for driving traffic for the "post with images". It got 600-700 views in 2 days.
But When the song "Wrecking ball" launched, I got around 10k visitors overnight. because she did a naked dance in that song. And the whole world was looking of her images.
That was one experiment I did. I will share BCCI story also in my own blog. :)

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:27 am

ajaynasa wrote:Hi Atish,
Actually I did exactly what Imran bro did "look into future" thing.
It was 2013 and I started a blog on hollywood niche. I was updating around 10-20 news per day and got bored of writing and writing and writing. So one day I was browsing reddit and got the idea of a post with images only.
I went ahead and look for the music album that is going to release. I got news of hannah montana "Wrecking Ball" song that was releasing after 2-3 days. And that time she was in news due to her twerking and wardrobe malfunction thing. So I did write a post with 20-30 images of hannah montana and submit that into Reddit. Reddit is a good source for driving traffic for the "post with images". It got 600-700 views in 2 days.
But When the song "Wrecking ball" launched, I got around 10k visitors overnight. because she did a naked dance in that song. And the whole world was looking of her images.
That was one experiment I did. I will share BCCI story also in my own blog. :)

Ohkay thats great.

Long ago, there was a news online about the Intimacy dress that becomes transparent when the wearer gets sexualy aroused, I posted that article, and it was viral, got so much of traffic but as that went old, traffic gone away.

Other, when gmail's new look was there, we posted an article about it, and it went so viral, that even Gmail's community Manager commented on that post.

So, it is great to post viral news on authority domains so that they rank well and you get immense traffic. About the future thing, as Imran said, its indeed an awesome idea.

Thanks for sharing, Imran.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Return to “Content Marketing”