Beware of PaperBlog - Blog Submission site

Everything related to Content!
bestofguru

Beware of PaperBlog - Blog Submission site

Postby bestofguru » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:08 am

Hello Friends,

Today I have found that my blog posts/feed are been copied in PaperBlog and it is not giving any reference to my site either do follow or no follow. It is completely taking the full post RSS and I found it while I am casually searching my site in PlagSpotter.com. I am so worried as there is no delete my account/remove my account or user in that site.

After working hard on searching the google, I found that many people had the same issue and fell prey for this site and most of them didnt find any solution. I tried to use their contact us form after searching through the site and filled the form to remove my account. Hoping that they will response positively and remove/delete my account as well as the blog posts.

I am now worried that it may effect my traffic, ranking and even I may get penalised by Google?

Please share your thoughts and advice me on how to stop the feed going to that site as every blog post I publish, it is appearing in that site automatically within hours.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: Beware of PaperBlog - Blog Submission site

Postby Atish Ranjan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:53 am

bestofguru wrote:Hello Friends,

Today I have found that my blog posts/feed are been copied in PaperBlog and it is not giving any reference to my site either do follow or no follow. It is completely taking the full post RSS and I found it while I am casually searching my site in PlagSpotter.com. I am so worried as there is no delete my account/remove my account or user in that site.

After working hard on searching the google, I found that many people had the same issue and fell prey for this site and most of them didnt find any solution. I tried to use their contact us form after searching through the site and filled the form to remove my account. Hoping that they will response positively and remove/delete my account as well as the blog posts.

I am now worried that it may effect my traffic, ranking and even I may get penalised by Google?

Please share your thoughts and advice me on how to stop the feed going to that site as every blog post I publish, it is appearing in that site automatically within hours.

Hello Guru,

If they are copying your site, you won't get penalty but still you have be careful. Try if you can remove your RSS feed from that site. If not.

Go to your Wordpress Dashboard, Setting >> Reading, and change this to "For each article in a feed, show" to Summary from Full text. So that if they are taking content from the feed, they can be able to fetch only the excerpt, and not the full text I think.

Do try this and let me know if it works.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Return to “Content Marketing”