Keyword research confusion

All the SEO related question, answer and tips will be posted on this thread.
Thandava Krishna TK

Keyword research confusion

Postby Thandava Krishna TK » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:24 am

First of all,let me explain you something.Before starting a niche its better to check the competition of the keywords.Asusual i am dividing it into three kinds.
->High competitive-newbies cant over these easily
->Medium competitive -You can rank these with much hardwork and you have to invest a little as well.
->Low competitive keywords-The future of the website starts from here for the new people and here my query is ...

what is the minimum search volume for low competitive keywords?

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: Keyword research confusion

Postby Atish Ranjan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Thandava Krishna TK wrote:First of all,let me explain you something.Before starting a niche its better to check the competition of the keywords.Asusual i am dividing it into three kinds.
->High competitive-newbies cant over these easily
->Medium competitive -You can rank these with much hardwork and you have to invest a little as well.
->Low competitive keywords-The future of the website starts from here for the new people and here my query is ...

what is the minimum search volume for low competitive keywords?

When I target a particular keyword in my post, I can choose more than 1000 searches. More is better though but I won't ignore even if it has 1000 GS and low competition.

But, when it comes to the research for niche site, obviously you must not go for the keywords less than 10,000 Monthly searches. Competitive Analysis will come after it.

The more is better as I said already. :-) But, I won't suggest going for lower than 10k searches.

Competition does matter too. You can choose keywords with 5k searches only too when it has too low competition as grabbing the top position may be easier.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

gopikanna
SEO Expert

Postby gopikanna » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:27 pm

well there is no specific search volume that you need to select. You first need to estimate the earning potential of that keyword. See if you can scale that niche for a long time and also check the target country and CPC. If the CPC is high (over 5$) and the traffic is from tier one countries like US, UK, australia and few others then a keyword with atleast 10k monthly searches would do. On the other hand if the cpc is low and the traffic is from India then it's recommended to choose keywords with monthly searches 100k+. And if you are about to monetize with amazon affiliate then the keyword monthly searches less than 5000 itself would earn you more. So pick the keyword wisely.

ajaynasa

Postby ajaynasa » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:06 am

That's a very good confusion I have heard in very long time. "What should be minimum search volume?" We all see three things while starting a blog. competition, no. of searches and CPC. I go for the first 2 in the starting.
1. I think it depends on you. Whether you want to go from 0 to 1 in low speed or high speed. I have a blog and for that in starting, I have chosen Long tail keywords because they are low competitive though their search volume is nearly 500 only. But then I selected around 100 such keywords. And now I have beaten up websites having DA-PA more than 80 and domain age: 10 years.
2. I am now working to rank on short keywords (focus keywords) with searches more than 10,000 because I have already made a place in google, and now It will be easier to rank on focus keyword. Not that much easier but easier than if I have gone for the focus keyword from the starting of my blog.
3. I only see one of the 2 things while starting a blog: (i) no. of searches (ii) Competition. I start to look for cpc when I have already ranked for about 50-60 keywords on 1st page. Then I opt to go for high cpc keywords.

Thandava Krishna TK

Postby Thandava Krishna TK » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:57 am

Thank you all.Got every thing cleared :)

Return to “Search Engine Optimization”