What is internal linking?

All the SEO related question, answer and tips will be posted on this thread.
Sonal

What is internal linking?

Postby Sonal » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:08 am

What is internal linking in SEO? How is it beneficial?

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: What is internal linking?

Postby Atish Ranjan » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:23 am

Sonal wrote:What is internal linking in SEO? How is it beneficial?

Hello Sonal,

Internal linking simply means linking your site pages from each other using various relevant anchor tags. For example, if you are writing a content that has the mention of the phrase best content marketing strategies, and if you already have a content that discuss about content marketing strategies in detail, then you can just make link of that content on this phrase.

How it is important for SEO?

When you interlink your content, you naturally improve your site architecture that improves your readers browsing experience and also faster crawling from Google. When you have 3-4 internal links in your each article, there are chances that your readers will click on one of them to go to the other page of your site. This way, your site's bounce rate gets better which is good for SEO point of view.

Apart from this, just like backlinks, internal links also flow SEO link juice when you make links to other pages of your site. You can also term it as Internal link building. When you write a new article and want it to rank better, you usually do a good on page SEO of it, then go out to build some backlinks from good sites. Right? But, usually, people miss internal link building. What you can do is to go check out your older articles that have some backlink profile already, and check if you can add the link of your new article in them using some specific or different anchor texts?

You can get a few good internal links to your new article from your older articles. This way your new article will get some link love from the older ones. This surely boosts the ranking a bit.

if you still want to read on this more, I would advise you read this => https://goo.gl/TKniJ3
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

gopikanna
SEO Expert

Postby gopikanna » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:30 pm

Well.. Internal linking means linking from one post to the other post of the same site.
You can interlink the posts related to that in your site.
Usually it's done to increase the pageviews and also to reduce the bounce rate.
If they find you site interesting then they will be your regular visitor!
Interlinking has great impact on SEO too.
If you want to boost the ranking of a particular post, then do interlink to that post from other posts with appropriate anchors.
It will be really helpful to boost the ranking of that particular post.

Hope it helps..
Thanks..

imransoudagar

Postby imransoudagar » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:05 pm

Hello Atish,

I wanted to ask one question about interlinking, "Should the internal links be NO-Follow or Do Follow?" And also suggest me a plugin to make the links Do-Follow.

Thank you

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:15 pm

imransoudagar wrote:Hello Atish,

I wanted to ask one question about interlinking, "Should the internal links be NO-Follow or Do Follow?" And also suggest me a plugin to make the links Do-Follow.

Thank you

Hello Imran,

Keeping the links dofollow means the SEO link juice will flow the page you are linking to. Thus, keeping internal links dofollow is my recommendation. You must want to flow page ranking from one page to another by linking them using appropriate anchor tags.

Without any doubt, keep all internal links dofollow!

Links are dofollow by default. However, if you want to make all external links nofollow but keep internal links dofollow, use Nofollow for external links. That will make all external nofollow and internal links as dofollow.

If you want to keep all links dofollow, don't install any such plugins because by default all links are dofollow.

Let me know if there is any doubt.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

imransoudagar

Postby imransoudagar » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:40 pm

Thank you Atish for this information. I will try the Plugin.

Tabslogic

Postby Tabslogic » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:36 am

Internal link is a type of hyperlink on a webpage to another page or resource, such as an image or document,
on the same website or domain.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization”