What is On-Page and Off-Page SEO?

All the SEO related question, answer and tips will be posted on this thread.
imransoudagar

What is On-Page and Off-Page SEO?

Postby imransoudagar » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:34 pm

Over the last few years, SEO has changed a lot, and I wanted to learn more about On-Page and Off-Page SEO tricks that work in 2016

If someone would be kind enough to explain or at least point to some good articles that will help me update my knowledge.

Thank you

gopikanna
SEO Expert

Re: What is On-Page and Off-Page SEO?

Postby gopikanna » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:49 am

Well The on page is where you optimize your content for search engine.
You have to make your post search engine friendly, so that it will help you in better ranking.
There is no special techniques when it comes to on page. As suggested by all people try to have content length 1500+ words.
I would recommend to analyse your words your competitor has and you may write 25% additional words.
Then use proper title tags.
Structure the permalinks.
Try to have the keywords at the first of title and description.
Have a mix of all <h> tags.
Bold the important keywords.
Encourage the people to comment and share.
Try to make the user engaged in your site for more than 5 minutes.
Interlinks the posts wisely.
Structure the theme such that its easy to read.

Coming to off page SEO there are two major ways that you can try.
i) black hat
ii) white hat

Black hat is something where you use some tricks to rank your keyword quickly.
Black hat includes techniques like comment spam, paid links, PBN links, etc...

White hat link building is kind of safe for building links. It will keep your site safe from penalty.
White hat techniques include email outreach, guest posts, infographics and other natural links.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:30 am

imransoudagar wrote:Over the last few years, SEO has changed a lot, and I wanted to learn more about On-Page and Off-Page SEO tricks that work in 2016

If someone would be kind enough to explain or at least point to some good articles that will help me update my knowledge.

Thank you

Imran,

On Page SEO => As the name says, it involves all the optimization you do on your site such as keyword placement, meta titles, interlinks, Alt text, URL optimization. For more, you must read this post => https://goo.gl/6dVWZl :P
Off Page SEO => As the name says, optimization you do other than your site. OFF page SEO is heavily dependent on Link Building, and in fact link building somehow replaced the term off page SEO in many means.

Link building can be done by many was as Gopi Mentioned, you can use white and black hat methods. However, white hat is good for long term. For short term blogs like event blogs, you can do blackhat.
I would recommend you read this post for more on link building => https://goo.gl/6p4BYV :)

Hope this helps! :D
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Tabslogic

Postby Tabslogic » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:39 am

On-page SEO factors include created content, HTML structure, and website architecture.

Off page SEO refers to techniques that can be used to improve the position of a web site in the search engine results page (SERPs). Many people associate off-page SEO with link building but it is not only that. In general, off Page SEO has to do with promotion methods – beyond website design
–for the purpose of ranking a website higher in the search results.
Search Engine Submission,
Directory Submission,
Classified Submission,
Blog ,
Backlink

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Tabslogic wrote:On-page SEO factors include created content, HTML structure, and website architecture.

Off page SEO refers to techniques that can be used to improve the position of a web site in the search engine results page (SERPs). Many people associate off-page SEO with link building but it is not only that. In general, off Page SEO has to do with promotion methods – beyond website design
–for the purpose of ranking a website higher in the search results.
Search Engine Submission,
Directory Submission,
Classified Submission,
Blog ,
Backlink

Hi Tabslogic,

Off Page SEO is solely used for optimizing sites in a way that it improves ranking. And, if you look at the things that you suggest in Off page, most of them are ultimately the Link Building stuff only.

Thanks for the participation. :-)

have a pleasant stay.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Return to “Search Engine Optimization”