High Resources Usage issue in Web Hosting

Wordpress related queries and solutions go in this forum thread. Ask the problems you are facing related to Wordpress here.
bestofguru

High Resources Usage issue in Web Hosting

Postby bestofguru » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:19 am

Dear Team,

I am receiving alerts from my web hosting now and then saying I am using high CPU/resources due to some scripts and all.

I am using Genesis Framework Theme and 23 plugins and found most of them are important only. So I would like to hear from some Wordpress/ Coding Experts to guide or help me on how to resolve this. I change BlueHost due to this issue and now the same issue with HostGator ...so maybe my site problem. I don't have heavy traffic too, and that is not an issue though.

My Site URL : http://www.bestofguru.net
Hosting Provider/Plan : Hostgator/Baby Croc Plan

Thanks in Advance,
Gurunath.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: High Resources Usage issue in Web Hosting

Postby Atish Ranjan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:02 am

bestofguru wrote:Dear Team,

I am receiving alerts from my web hosting now and then saying I am using high CPU/resources due to some scripts and all.

I am using Genesis Framework Theme and 23 plugins and found most of them are important only. So I would like to hear from some Wordpress/ Coding Experts to guide or help me on how to resolve this. I change BlueHost due to this issue and now the same issue with HostGator ...so maybe my site problem. I don't have heavy traffic too, and that is not an issue though.

My Site URL : http://www.bestofguru.net
Hosting Provider/Plan : Hostgator/Baby Croc Plan

Thanks in Advance,
Gurunath.

Hello Gurunath,

Since you don't have heavy traffic, there might be some themes or plugins creating issues.

Note down the CPU usage.
Then delete all the themes that are you not using, and plugins as well.

Now check the CPU usage again.

Also, try deactivating the plugins that are active on the blog, and then check the CPU usage.

I am sure you will find something.

Or, try using the plugin P3 Profiler, and run it. it will show you which plugins are putting how much load on the server.

Do it, and then see if you find something.

I am sure this problem is not from hosting but in your site's code, theme or plugin.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Return to “Wordpress”