Simple definition SEO and its methods

All the SEO related question, answer and tips will be posted on this thread.
PMonroe

Simple definition SEO and its methods

Postby PMonroe » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:37 am

Search engine optimization is so called SEO. an very important term in online marketing. Before explore on it let me emphasis on a common fact that did you ever been explore on the 2nd page of search engine result page? 99% will say no and the 1% who did for web research purpose if they might have.
This is because search engine gives us the most relevant result on the first page that we want. So how does it come?
Here comes the word SEO, Search engine optimization. It is a measurable and repeatable process that send signals to search engines that your pages are worth showing in Google’s (search engine) index.
search engines rank your websites in their search results by calculating thousands of factors using a set of rules.
Every search engine like Google, Bing and Yahoo has their unique and specific algorithm.
I find Search engine optimization always depends on the tricks rather than its procedure. Basically there are 3 Methods of Search engine optimization.
1.White hat SEO
In short, it’s the legitimate method that always follows all the rules and regulation of Search engine action as proper use of meta tags ,keyword, creating optimized content , well site architecture, legal link building etc
2.Black hat SEO :
Illegal activities and violation search engines guidelines, which used to manipulate and improve ranking on SERP. search engines don’t like to let themselves and their users be tricked, so It can cause to be penalized your site.
The common tricks that are mostly used in Black hat Technique are Content Automation, Doorway Pages, Hidden Text or Links, Keyword Stuffing, Negative Seo, Cloaking, link Manipulation (including buying links), Content duplication etc.

3.Gray hat SEO : Gray methods that are not totally Prohibited to use by Search engine, but also not allowed as legal procedure. As they have said already it’s a combination of those other two SEO methods. This is because the guidelines in the search engines are not clear enough.
So more to say elaborately Gray hat method is the practice of tactics/techniques which remain unclear by published material coming out of Google published guidelines.

It depends on the purpose for which techniques are using to rank your site.
A proper understanding of Seo methods is really important because you can improve your site's ranking without negative consequences, or it can cost you thousands in lost traffic.
Remember, taking shortcuts to get you where you want to be right now is often the path to failure.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Re: Simple definition SEO and its methods

Postby Atish Ranjan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:51 pm

PMonroe wrote:Search engine optimization is so called SEO. an very important term in online marketing. Before explore on it let me emphasis on a common fact that did you ever been explore on the 2nd page of search engine result page? 99% will say no and the 1% who did for web research purpose if they might have.
This is because search engine gives us the most relevant result on the first page that we want. So how does it come?
Here comes the word SEO, Search engine optimization. It is a measurable and repeatable process that send signals to search engines that your pages are worth showing in Google’s (search engine) index.
search engines rank your websites in their search results by calculating thousands of factors using a set of rules.
Every search engine like Google, Bing and Yahoo has their unique and specific algorithm.
I find Search engine optimization always depends on the tricks rather than its procedure. Basically there are 3 Methods of Search engine optimization.

Agree with you, PMonroe. But, I have applied some black hat techniques for my shorter term blog, and it did rank quickly. However, for longer run, white hat is the way.

Thanks for your views.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

PMonroe

Re: Simple definition SEO and its methods

Postby PMonroe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 am

A warm thanks for your kind response "Mr.Atish Ranajn" ,
what you said i appreciate that .
I preferred to have a proper understanding of those 3 SEO methos , a bunch of knowledge can give more boost to rank your site.
what i have said already
"It depends on the purpose for which techniques are using to rank your site."

Return to “Search Engine Optimization”