What is Importance of Introduction in the Content?

Everything related to Content!
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

What is Importance of Introduction in the Content?

Postby Atish Ranjan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:11 am

Hello Guys,

Though I do write blog posts for my blogs, I don't consider myself as a great writer. But, I want to be a good writer. As per my experience, Introduction of the content must be a killer one, and attractive. Intro must not tell everything because readers will loose interest reading further. It must be written in a way that it talks a little about the topic, and create a suspense or something that attracts readers to read full.

However, I would like to hear your opinion on this. How much importance the Introduction has in content?
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

imransoudagar

Re: What is Importance of Introduction in the Content?

Postby imransoudagar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:07 pm

I totally agree with you @Atish the Introduction of any blog post or book or any written material is one of the most important factors that decides if readers will read the post or not.

I read a hundred blog posts every day and at least one book every week and the introductions of a blog post plays an important part in helping decide with blog post I will end up reading and which posts I don't.

Now different people have different opinions about how you should start your blog posts. I believe in keeping the introduction short and to the point. Your audience will not like longer openings.

How long should your introductions be?

It totally depends on the type of post you are writing. If you are writing something that solves your reader's problem, I suggest you keep the introduction short and sweet.

Why?

Because when someone has a problem, then they want an instant solution to their problem.

Example: If your child dropped your cell phone in water and you want to know tips to save your phone from getting corrupt, will you be ready to spend the next 5 minutes reading an introduction?

Or you will just skip and want to know something that will save your phone.

Right?

Good

If you are writing something related to history, Medicin or phycology or something that is a little complex, then I advise you to write a longer introduction so that your reader will have enough motivation to read thoroughly and grasp everything you have written.

You want to write a list article, write a small introduction.

You want to write a How-To or Do-it-Yourself article, then write a longer introduction.

You want to write a news article or something about a latest smartphone or gadget you can write a longer introduction.

I can go on and on about 'How to write an introduction.' but I would be happy if other people too came forward and shared their experience.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:12 pm

imransoudagar wrote:I totally agree with you @Atish the Introduction of any blog post or book or any written material is one of the most important factors that decides if readers will read the post or not.

I read a hundred blog posts every day and at least one book every week and the introductions of a blog post plays an important part in helping decide with blog post I will end up reading and which posts I don't.......

Thanks for your views, Imran.

Yes, I am looking for all the good writers to share their ideas about it.

Cheers! :D
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Nirmala

Postby Nirmala » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi Atish,

You are asking a great and helpful stuff, good!

But, I would say that your thoughts about the introduction of the blog post aren't fully correct (according to me). Means, I partially agree with you!

Yes, I have seen some popular blogs have started using the thrive content builder and other plugins to consolidate the stuff in the introduction. I don't think that is wrong and would spoil the readers' interest. Readers will get an idea about what they gonna read in a detailed manner.

I feel that it is good as I would like to read the crisp content rather than unessential stories. However, I agree with your point that keeping the surprise would work in creating the interest of the visitors to read more and help in bounce rate as well.

As you know, the user experience is everything these days and will also please the search engines to give the good ranking.

Anyway, opinions vary from person to person and I prefer to display the brief intro in a tabular column to improve the user experience and readability. By doing so will reveal that we are precise in writing and concepts (matter) that we are going to discuss in the post.

Thanks for asking my opinion, Atish!

pvariel

Postby pvariel » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Introduction is a vital part in a content, for that matter, if we take any book, you will find and intro, most of the time by the author himself or by a prominent person on the subject.
Coming to the point of blog content, it is a must, and am sure it gives an over all idea about the content and by reading an intro one can decide to move forward or end there itself.
But in many cases we do not find this may be different people have different opinion on this.
In my opinion our intro should give an impact to the reader to go forward with the reading.
It should be juicy and at the same time it should be spicy too!!
Though i say this many a time in a hurry i missed this line several times
Hope more learned/experienced bloggers will come forward to share their views.
Thanks @Atish for starting this discussion. :-)
Have a great good time ahead with this type of discussions and interactions.
Best
~ Phil
@PVAriel
A multi-lingual Freelance writer, blogger and an editor.
Based in Hyderabad India.
Blog at http://www.pvariel.com Philipscom
Twitter: @PVAriel https://twitter.com/PVAriel

SwadhinAgrawal
Content Marketing Expert

Postby SwadhinAgrawal » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:30 pm

Having a strongly written introduction is the key to hook your readers inside the post in today's busy world where its proven that we have an attention span less than a Goldfish. I would suggest writing a magnetic blog post introduction that further tells what's inside for the reader. An introduction is very important because if you fail or if you get the reader confused about what he is expected to learn from the post you will lose him midway.

You can start with an interesting fact or a statistic based in your industry on the topic and this will help you to startle the reader and take attention on what is being said after that.

If, in an introduction you start with a question you certainly get the reader involved in your conversation. The reader feels attracted more into the copy that you are right because he is being heard.

When you are starting to write a new affiliate review based post an introduction holds a great importance there too. Starting an introduction with touching the pain points of your readers will make them feel that you understand their problems.

There are some basic yet important points that depict how important an introduction is. :)
-Swadhin Agrawal
Author | Blogger | Coach
Find me on SwadhinAgrawal.com
Connect on Twitter --> @AgrawalSwadhin 8-)

PMonroe

Postby PMonroe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:45 am

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic so i don't spread it more with unnecessary words.
What i want to mention one thing from the core point is that ,
"An warm introduction makes a reader comfortable to read it forward"
Hope you would get my point.

Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Postby Atish Ranjan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:21 pm

PMonroe wrote:There has been a lot of discussion on this topic so i don't spread it more with unnecessary words.
What i want to mention one thing from the core point is that ,
"An warm introduction makes a reader comfortable to read it forward"
Hope you would get my point.

Thansk for your input Paulette.
Atish Ranjan
Administrator

Return to “Content Marketing”